Seven Things to Know About George Clooney’s Sister
(NEW YORK) — George Clooney‘s had a lot of women in his life, but one has gotten much less exposure than the rest: his sister.
The New York Daily News tracked down Adelia Zeidler, Clooney’s older sibling, and got her dish about the oft-named sexiest man alive. Unlike her younger brother, Zeidler, 52, is far removed from Hollywood. The mom of two lives in Augusta County, Kentucky, close to her parents, and works in payroll and accounting.
While the story opens with Zeidler’s comments on Clooney’s love life — he’s probably not going to marry Stacy Keiber, and no, it’s not because he’s gay — it turns into a profile of a sweet woman who just wants the best for her little brother.
Read on for the highlights from the interview:
1. Clooney’s not gay. Zeidler laughed when asked about the decades-long rumor that her brother’s in the closet. “Yes that’s quite ridiculous, we don’t even listen when people say things like that anymore,” she said. “I think he decided that in his life he could have the career or he could have a family. And so when he decided to go full bore into the acting. That was where his focus was going to be.”
2. She doubts he’ll marry again. No offense to Keibler, but Zeidler doesn’t see Clooney tying the knot anytime soon. “No, I would say he probably will not get married. If I had to guess I would have to say ‘no,’” Zeidler said. “I know everyone says ‘Well, Warren Beatty said he’d never get married and then he met Annette Bening.’ But you know that’s the only example people can think of, so it doesn’t bode too well.”
3. She didn’t even attend his first wedding. “No, I didn’t go,” she about Clooney’s 1989 wedding to Talia Balsam. They divorced in 1993. “I was not aware he was married until after he was married.”
4. She feels weird thinking about him as the ‘sexiest man alive.’ Understandable — after all, he’s her baby brother. “I have a little difficulty seeing that,” she said. “Granted I can look at him and see he’s very attractive, but of course being his sister, it’s a little odd.”
5. She once considered a career in acting. “Yes, there is a part of me that would very much like to have become a famous actress or something like that,” she said. “I enjoy acting and I was fairly okay at it but I did not have a thick enough skin for it.” Instead, Zeidler said being a mother and wife (her husband passed away in 2004) “wound up taking precedence with me.”
6. She doesn’t have Clooney’s phone number. The siblings prefer to email and see each other about once a year, when Clooney visits Augusta. “I do not have his phone number because I wouldn’t want to have it in my phone and then lose my phone,” she said. “He can phone me and he does occasionally, but the email is more convenient for both of us.” Zeidler also said Clooney always sends her children birthday and Christmas presents.
7. And when they do talk, it’s not about Brad and Angelina. “I just generally keep him up with what’s going on in my life,” she said. “He’ll tell me little things that are going on here and there but mostly we just gab like brothers and sisters do about inconsequential matters.”
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio