(LOS ANGELES) — Mario Lopez is officially returning to host Fox’s The X Factor, but without his reality star sidekick Khloe Kardashian, Fox announced on Monday.
“I’m looking forward to returning to The X Factor team,” Lopez said in a statement. “We’re coming back stronger and better than ever and I’m excited to check out all the new talent.”
The Extra host is set to join executive producer and judge Simon Cowell along with singer Demi Lovato. Britney Spears has already announced she won’t be returning for a second season as a judge. Same goes for L.A. Reid, who with Cowell is the only judge who was there for the show’s first season.
So far, there’s no word on who will fill Reid and Spears’ seats. During auditions, the show’s producers have been filling in.
“I’m thrilled Mario is back for season three of The X Factor,” Cowell said in a statement. “Hosting a live show and keeping the judges — especially Demi — in line, is not an easy job, but Mario is a pro and we are glad he’s coming back.”
Auditions for the singing competition are set to continue in New York on April 25.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com
Madison Park, Keith Allen and Andreas Preuss, CNN
Sandra Gonzalez, CNN
Eric Levenson, CNN