Alex Rodriguez Issues Statement on Possible Suspension
(NEW YORK) — New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez issued a statement Thursday, in response to a report from ESPN that he along with Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun and 18 other players are facing suspensions from Major League Baseball for their alleged connection to a South Florida clinic that provided illegal performance enhancers.
“Myself and others are being mentioned in a media report before the process is even concluded,” Rodriguez said. “I would hope this thing would follow the guidelines of our Basic Agreement. I will monitor the situation and comment when appropriate.”
The 37-year-old Rodriguez has yet to suit up this season due to off-season hip surgery.
“As I have said previously, I am working out every day to get back on the field and help the Yankees win a championship,” Rodriguez said. “I am down here doing my job and working hard and will continue to do so until I’m back playing.”
Anthony Bosch, the founder of Biogenesis has reportedly agreed to meet with baseball officials and provide evidence of PED use.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio