(IDAHO FALLS, ID) – The Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office is cautioning citizens about the dangers of carbon monoxide poisoning outdoors. A 22-year-old man recently died while boating on Bear Lake because he sat too close to an exhaust pipe. They say running a blower on an inboard motor will help dispel dangerous gasses that build up behind the boat while idling. More than 800 carbon monoxide-related deaths have occurred on boats in the U.S. over the past two decades.
Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com
Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com
Brett Crandall, BYU-Idaho Communications
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com