Children Evacuated from School After Smell of Gas

Local

0  Updated at 1:18 pm, February 27th, 2014 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

school crossing

(POCATELLO, ID)  —  Students at Indian Hills Elementary had to be evacuated Thursday morning after several students and teachers reportedly smelled gas in the building.   Students were taken to a near-by LDS church while Intermountain gas officials checked out the school.   After a sweep of the school, no significant leak was found and authorities were able to clear the school.  Children were then returned to their classrooms.  There were no injuries.

 



Stories You May Be Interested In:

Idaho Falls man dies after semi-truck rollover in Utah

22 May 2017

Freeman Stevenson, KSL.com

RESULTS: College of Eastern Idaho measure passes with 71 percent

16 May 2017

Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com

Vote on community college taxing district today

16 May 2017

Robert Patten, EastIdahoNews.com