“Exodus: Gods and Kings” Tops Weekend Box Office
(LOS ANGELES) — Exodus: Gods and Kings has unseated The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1 as the weekend box office champ.
Director Ridley Scott’s big-screen take on the biblical story of Moses opened nationwide on Friday and stars Christian Bale, Joel Edgerton, John Turturro, Aaron Paul, Sigourney Weaver and Ben Kingsley.
After holding the top spot for the past three weekends, the latest installment in the Hunger Games series fell to second place with $13.2 million. Penguins of Madagascar rounded out the top three with $7.3 million.
Here are the top 10 films of the weekend, according to boxofficemojo.com:
1. Exodus: Gods and Kings: $24.5 million
2. The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1: $13.2 million
3. Penguins of Madagascar: $7.3 million
4. Top Five: $7.21 million
5. Big Hero: $6.14 million
6. Interstellar: $5.5 million
7. Horrible Bosses 2: $4.63 million
8. Dumb and Dumber To: $2.75 million
9. The Theory of Everything: $2.52 million
10. Wild: $1.55 million
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio