“Dancing with the Stars” Returns Monday Night for 21st Season
Published at | Updated at
(LOS ANGELES) — More than a dozen celebrities will put on their dancing shoes Monday night, when the 21st season of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars premieres.
Paula Deen, Gary Busey, Bindi Irwin, “Honey, I’m Good” singer Andy Grammer, and Backstreet Boysmember Nick Carter are some of the notable names who will enter the ballroom this season.
Deen is re-entering the TV spotlight after she was dropped by the Food Network and several sponsors in 2013, following her admitted use of a racial slur. The chef doesn’t intend to address the scandal too much on Dancing with the Stars.
“I never try to take drama or controversy with me everywhere I go,” Deen tells ABC Radio. “I love everybody and I love getting along. We’re boring.”
On Monday night’s two-hour premiere, which begins at 8 p.m. Eastern time, the couples will dance the Cha Cha, Foxtrot, Salsa, Quickstep or Jive. There will be no eliminations this week.
Here is the roster of couples for the new season, along with the songs they will dance to on Monday night:
- Alek Skarlatos & Lindsay Arnold: “Ten Feet Tall” by Afrojack ft. Wrabel
- Alexa PenaVega & Mark Ballas: “Whistle (While You Work It)” by Katy Tiz
- Andy Grammer & Allison Holker: “Marvin Gaye” by Charlie Puth ft. Meghan Trainor
- Bindi Irwin & Derek Hough: “Crocodile Rock” by Elton John
- Carlos PenaVega & Witney Carson: “I Got You (I Feel Good)” by James Brown
- Chaka Khan & Keo Motsepe: “I Feel For You” by Chaka Khan
- Gary Busey & Anna Trebunskaya: “Dancing in the Street” by David Bowie & Mick Jagger
- Hayes Grier & Emma Slater: “Cheerleader” by OMI
- Kim Zolciak Biermann & Tony Dovolani: “Hey Mama” by David Guetta ft. Nicki Minaj, Afrojack & Bebe Rexha
- Nick Carter & Sharna Burgess: “I Don’t Like It, I Love It” by Flo. Rida ft. Robin Thicke
- Paula Deen & Louis van Amstel: “Hey Good Lookin’ by Carol Welsman
- Tamar Braxton & Valentin Chmerkovskiy: “Do Your Thing” by Basement Jaxx
- Victor Espinoza & Karina Smirnoff: “G.D.F.R.” by Flo Rida
Copyright © 2015, ABC Radio. All rights reserved.