Blackfoot home without heat catches fire

Blackfoot

Share This
Leslie Sieger, EastIdahoNews.com

BLACKFOOT — City of Blackfoot firefighters responded to a house fire on the 600 block of South Fisher Street around 2 p.m. Friday. The fire was contained to the living room of the home and caused smoke damage to other rooms in the house.

“There was no gas or electricity on in the house,” Blackfoot Fire Department Lt. Scott Tweedy told EastIdahoNews.com. “He (resident of the home) was trying to build a fire to stay warm.”

Tweedy also said that the resident of the home told them he couldn’t get the fire started so he went out to his car to stay warm. He then noticed the house was on fire.

The firefighters had to break out windows in the home to release the heat and smoke.

Damages were estimated at about $30,000.

Leslie Sieger, EastIdahoNews.com

Respond to this story