WEATHER & ROADS: Drive carefully this morning! Highways are still rough
Published at | Updated at
IDAHO FALLS — Eastern Idaho received several inches of snow Sunday, leading to poor road conditions throughout the region Monday morning.
No road closures have been announced, but the majority of eastern Idaho highways have been impacted by snow or ice. (For a complete list, see below).
As of Monday morning, the snow has mostly stopped and all major weather advisories have been lifted in eastern Idaho.
A winter weather warning is still in effect for higher elevations areas in southern Montana and northern Utah where snowfall is expected to continue until about 4 p.m.
The only school closure reported due to the snow is the Monticello Montessori Charter School in Ammon.
Otherwise it’s going to be a cold, but sunny day in eastern Idaho today.
Idaho Falls, Rigby and Rexburg
It’ll be mostly sunny today, although colder with highs of 25 to 32 degrees and winds of 10 to 15 mph. It’ll be partly cloudy at night with freezing fog, lows of 12 degrees and continued light winds.
Pocatello, Chubbuck and Blackfoot
It’ll be mostly sunny today with some isolated snow showers in the morning. Highs of 23 to 32 degrees are expected with west winds of 10 to 15 mph. It’ll be mostly clear at night with areas of freezing fog, lows of 9 to 16 degrees and southwest winds of 10 to 15 mph.
Dubois, St. Anthony, Ashton, Island Park, Driggs, and Victor
It’ll be mostly sunny today with isolated snow showers in the morning and highs of 22 to 29 degrees. It’ll be partly cloudy at night with areas of freezing fog and lows of 2 to 12 degrees.
Arco, Challis, and Mackay
It’s going to be mostly sunny today with isolated snow showers in the morning and highs of 22 to 32 degrees. Clouds will roll in at night with lows of 5 to 12 degrees.
Henry, Soda Springs, Downey, and Lava Hot Springs
It’ll be cloudy today with scattered snow showers in the morning, then in the afternoon the sun with come out. Highs of 22 to 29 degrees are expected. It’ll be cloudy at night with a slight chance of snow after midnight. Areas of freezing fog will also occur with lows of 4 to 11 degrees.
Drive carefully today — the vast majority of eastern Idaho roads have been impacted by the snow.
The following highways are listed as in difficult condition due to significant amounts of snow or ice on the roadway:
- Idaho Highway 47 between Ashton and Warm River
- Idaho Highway 32 between Ashton and Tetonia
- Idaho Highway 33 between Rexburg and Tetonia
- Idaho Highway 34 between Soda Springs and the Wyoming border
- Idaho Highway 34 between Thatcher and Soda Springs
- U.S. Highway 30 between Lava Hot Springs to the Wyoming border
- Idaho Highway 36 between Preston and the Wyoming border
- U.S. Highway 89 between the Utah and Wyoming border
- U.S. Highway 98 between Salmon and the Montana border
- Idaho Highway 25 between Stanley and Challis
The following highways are listed as in fair condition due to ice patches, and some snow:
- Interstate 15 between Idaho Falls to Downey
- Interstate 86 between Pocatello and Burley
- Interstate 84 between Burley and the Utah border
- U.S. Highway 20 between Rexburg and the Montana border
- Idaho Highway 87 between Henry’s Lake and the Montana border
- Idaho Highway 33 between Rexburg and Arco
- U.S. Highway 26 from Blackfoot to Arco
- U.S Highway 91 between Idaho Falls and Pocatello
- Idaho Highway 39 between Blackfoot and American Falls
- Idaho Highway 37 between American Falls and Roy
- Idaho Highway 36 between Preston and Malad