WEATHER & ROADS: It was a snowy morning, but we should see sun today
IDAHO FALLS — It was a snowy morning in eastern Idaho, however, no major weather advisories are in effect as of noon Friday, Dec. 1.
Idaho Falls, Rigby and Rexburg
It will be mostly sunny today with highs of 35 to 42 degrees and southwest winds of 10 to 20 mph. It’ll be party cloudy at night with lows of 16 to 23 degrees and continued light winds.
Pocatello, Chubbuck and Blackfoot
It’ll be mostly sunny today with isolated snow showers in the morning. Southwest winds of 15 to 25 mph in the morning will decrease to 10 to 15 mph in the afternoon. It’ll be clear at night with lows of 16 to 23 degrees and continued light winds.
Dubois, St. Anthony, Ashton, Island Park, Driggs, and Victor
It’ll be mostly cloudy during the day with a slight chance of snow. Highs of 30 to 37 degrees are expected. It’ll be cloudy at night with lows of 22 to 29 degrees.
Arco, Challis, and Mackay
It’ll be mostly sunny today with highs of 32 to 41 degrees. It’ll be mostly clear at night with lows of 12 to 19 degrees.
Henry, Soda Springs, Downey, and Lava Hot Springs
It’ll be partly sunny today with a slight chance of snow in the morning and highs of 35 to 43 degrees. It’ll be cloudy at night with lows of 24 to 31 degrees.
The following highways have been listed in difficult or fair conditions due to snow or ice on the roadway:
- Idaho Highway 47 between Ashton and Warm River
- Idaho Highway 32 between Ashton and Tetonia
- Idaho Highway 33 between Tetonia and the Wyoming border
- Idaho Highway 31 between Swan Valley and the Wyoming border
- Idaho Highway 34 between Soda Springs and the Wyoming border
- U.S. Highway 30 between Lava Hot Springs and Georgetown
- Idaho Highway 36 between Preston and Ovid
- Idaho Highway 34 between Preston and Swan Valley