UPDATE: All highways, interstates in east Idaho reopen
Published at | Updated at
UPDATE 7:00 p.m.
All Highways across eastern Idaho have reopened but conditions are still poor in some areas and officials ask all drivers to use caution.
UPDATE 8:45 a.m.
The following is an update from Idaho State Police:
I-15 from Idaho Falls to Roberts should be opened by 9:45 a.m.
Idaho Transportation Department will try to open I-15 from Dubois to the Montana State Line by noon.
U.S. 20 from Ashton to Montana State Line (Island Park) will remain closed until further notice.
Stay with EastIdahoNews.com for updates.
IDAHO FALLS — The National Weather Service has extended a winter weather advisory for a significant portion of eastern Idaho until 5 p.m. Monday.
Winds gusting as high as 40 mph are predicted throughout the day, causing blowing and drifting snow. Additional snowfall is predicted throughout the region this morning as well.
Higher elevations areas could see snowfall well into the afternoon.
As a result the following school districts have canceled classes:
- Fremont Joint School District 215
- American Falls School District 381
- Snake River School District 52
- Aberdeen School District 58
- Teton School District 401
Additionally, as of 7 a.m. the following highways remain closed due to snowy weather and poor visibility:
- Interstate 15 between Idaho Falls and Roberts
- Interstate 15 between Dubois and the Montana border
- U.S. Highway 20 between Ashton and the Montana border
- Idaho Highway 32 between Ashton and Tetonia
- Idaho Highway 87 between US 20 and the Montana border