UPDATE: Hot ashes stored near home likely caused Ririe house fire

Local

Share This
Courtesy Central Fire District

UPDATE

RIRIE — Central Fire officials suspect hot ashes from a fireplace disposed of to close to the house probably caused the house fire in Ririe today.

Central Fire District Chief Carl Anderson said damages to the home are estimated at about $125,000.

The residents were not home at the time of the fire.

ORIGINAL STORY

RIRIE — A home in Ririe is destroyed after it burst into flames, requiring the response of the entire Central Fire District.

Carl Anderson, spokesman for Central Fire District, tells EastIdahoNews.com the call came in around 1:30 p.m. Wednesday.

When firefighters arrived the residents were not home. Crews were able to extinguish the fire and are now doing an overhaul of the house. A damage estimate has not been completed.

No injuries have been reported, but the A frame modified home located at 4350 East 100 North is a total loss.

Central Fire District was assisted by Ucon Fire and Jefferson County Sheriff deputies.

SUBMIT A CORRECTION