House fire causes $100,000 in damage in Bonneville County
The following is a news release from the city of Idaho Falls.
IDAHO FALLS — On Nov. 8 at approximately 1:00 a.m., the Idaho Falls Fire Department was dispatched to 1625 S Highline Drive for a report of a structure fire.
Upon arrival to a small two-story home in the foothills, firefighters reported flames coming from the front door. One occupant self-evacuated and was outside the home. Firefighters did a primary and secondary search and did not find other occupants inside the home. However, there were two dogs inside the home when the fire started. One dog died from presumed smoke inhalation, but the other dog made it out of the home safely.
The fire originated in the kitchen. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and keep it from spreading to the rest of the home. They performed ventilation, overhaul and checked for hot spots. There was heavy smoke damage throughout the home. No other structures were threatened.
One adult female did sustain a non-life-threatening injury and was transported to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center via ambulance for evaluation. There were no other injuries to civilians or firefighters.
Three ambulances, four engines, three water tenders and a battalion chief were dispatched.
The damages were estimated at $100,000.