2 women rushed to hospital after gas leak at local gym

Local

Share This
A gas leak was discovered at Anytime Fitness in Rigby Monday morning. | Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com

RIGBY — Two women were taken to the hospital after becoming sick at a local gym early Monday morning.

Central Fire District crews were called to Anytime Fitness on Stockham Boulevard around 4:35 a.m. after members complained of feeling nauseous.

“They were throwing up and said that it smelled like gas inside the gym,” Central Fire District Chief Carl Anderson tells EastIdahoNews.com. “There were 4-5 people there and Idaho Falls Ambulance ended up taking two patients to EIRMC for treatment.”

Intermountain Gas workers arrived at the gym and discovered a gas leak in the mechanical room, according to Anderson. They were able to repair the leak and Anytime Fitness re-opened shortly thereafter.

“Fortunately we didn’t have to evacuate other businesses and things were corrected pretty quickly,” Anderson says.

SUBMIT A CORRECTION