• Thu 89°F / 53°F

Child Playing With Matches Starts Apartment Fire


(IDAHO FALLS) – A four-year-old boy playing with matches started an apartment fire in Idaho Falls Saturday afternoon. Police say it happened in a basement unit on the 500 block of Hansen Street. The boy’s mother says she thought he was in the other room playing video games when the child lit a piece of paper on fire. The sparks then spread to a pile of laundry. The boy and his mother were able to escape uninjured, through there was extensive water and smoke damage. Officials say the boy will be enrolled in a fire prevention and safety program.

Advertise With Us

Would you like to advertise on East Idaho News? Fill out this form to contact a representative.
  • Full and Last
  • The name of your company, business or brand.