Arrest Made in Attack on US Consulate in Libya
(BENGHAZI, Libya) -- There were a number of developments in Libya Thursday as the search for the killers of U.S. Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans continued.
Libya's prime minister told Christiane Amanpour, Global Affairs Anchor of ABC News, that at least one arrest has been made in the attack on the consulate in Benghazi last Tuesday that officials believe had been planned for weeks.
Meanwhile, Attorney General Eric Holder said the FBI has already opened an investigation into the attacks and will be interviewing survivors in Libya.
More is being learned about the siege, which was described as nearly a five-hour gun battle. Additional security eventually regained some control while employees escaped the consulate. It was also nearly 12 hours before Ambassador Stevens' body was returned by local Libyans who had carried him to a hospital in an effort to save him.
In addition to Stevens, Sean Smith, a Foreign Service information management officer, died in the attack.
On Thursday, the names of the other two Americans were revealed: former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio