(POCATELLO) – A Union Pacific Railroad Locomotive caught fire Friday morning while passing through the Cheyenne Crossing in Pocatello. Fire crews from three agencies were called to the scene. Investigators say the fire started when a spark ignited residue on the locomotive’s exhaust system. Railroad workers were able to suppress the flames until firefighters arrived. The train did not sustain any significant damage and was allowed to continue southbound following the incident.
Seth Fiegerman, CNN
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com