(LOS ANGELES) — At a press conference earlier this month, Twilight author Stephenie Meyer left the door slightly open for more books — and potentially more movies — in the series’ future.
If she does create a new Twilight story, though, don’t expect Breaking Dawn — Part 2 director Bill Condon to adapt it for the big screen. Condon, who helmed the final two Twilight flicks, says he’s not interested in continuing with the franchise, should the opportunity arise.
Speaking on the black carpet of the Breaking Dawn — Part 2 premiere this week, he said, “I really enjoyed doing this but I liked the fact that I was able to bring this story to a conclusion. I don’t think I’d want to start on another one.”
Condon says he and the screenwriter of Breaking Dawn — Part 2, which opens Friday, were sensitive to the fans’ wishes to some extent while crafting the film.
He said, “I think there’s a sense when you’re working on the script…of like what they don’t want to miss and what’s become special favorites of theirs.”
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Scott Stuntz, Teton Valley News
Michael Pearson, CNN Newswire