Beyonce, Jay-Z’s Daughter Among Website’s Worst Celeb Baby Names
(NEW YORK) -- Beyoncé and Jay-Z's daughter has received the dubious distinction of owning the worst name for a girl of any celebrity baby born in 2012, based on a poll of BabyNames.com members.
Blue Ivy Carter received 47.1 percent of the vote for the worst girl name, while Hawaii Five-O star Alex O'Loughlin's young son, Lion, earned the title of worst boy name, with 42.5 percent of the vote.
The award for best girl name goes to the daughter of The Bachelorette's Jen Schefft, Charlotte Grace. Hilary Duff and former hockey player Mike Comrie's son, Luca Cruz, received the title of best boy name.
Over 2,000 members of BabyNames.com participated in the poll. Here's how the results break down:
Worst Girl Name
- Blue Ivy (Beyonce, Jay-Z), 47.1 percent
- Runner-up: Lukensia (Jillian Michaels, Heidi Rhoades), 29.1 percent
Worst Boy Name
- Lion (Alex O'Loughlin, Malia Jones), 42.5 percent
- Runner-up: Kash Kade (Kim Zolciak, Kroy Bierman), 41.8 percent
Best Girl Name
- Charlotte Grace (Jen Schefft, Joe Waterman), 24.1 percent
- Runner-up: Violet Isabel (Emily Robison, Martin Strayer), 15.5 percent
Best Boy Name
- Luca Cruz (Hilary Duff, Mike Comrie), 22.9 percent
- Runner-up: Finn Davey (Tori Spelling, Dean McDermott), 16.3 percent
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio