(NEW YORK) — Identity Thief stole the box office crown during what was a slow weekend at theaters across the country.
The Melissa McCarthy-Jason Bateman comedy earned an estimated $14.1 million to finish in first place. The film debuted in the top spot two weeks ago, then relinquished it to A Good Day to Die Hard last week.
The Dwayne Johnson drama Snitch opened in the second spot, raising $13 million.
A Good Day to Die Hard, Bruce Willis’ fifth film in the series, plummeted to fifth place, with $10 million.
The Keri Russell thriller Dark Skies premiered in sixth place, raising $8.9 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Identity Thief, $14.1 million
2. Snitch, $13 million
3. Escape From Planet Earth, $11 million
4. Safe Haven, $10.6 million
5. A Good Day to Die Hard, $10 million
6. Dark Skies, $8.9 million
7. Silver Linings Playbook, $6.1 million
8. Warm Bodies, $4.8 million
9. Side Effects, $3.6 million
10. Beautiful Creatures, $3.4 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Herb Scribner, FamilyShare
Scott Stuntz, Teton Valley News