(NEW YORK) — There’s no place like first place for Oz the Great and Powerful.
The semi-prequel to the classic film The Wizard of Oz triumphed at the box office over the weekend, earning an estimated $80.3 million. It also made nearly $70 million overseas.
Oz the Great and Powerful, starring James Franco, Mila Kunis, Michelle Williams and Rachel Weisz, reportedly had a budget of $200 million.
Last week’s top movie, Jack the Giant Slayer, slipped to second place, collecting $10 million.
The Colin Farrell thriller Dead Man Down opened in the fourth spot, with $5.3 million.
Here are the top 10 movies from Friday through Sunday, with estimated ticket sales, according to Hollywood.com:
1. Oz the Great and Powerful, $80.3 million
2. Jack the Giant Slayer, $10 million
3. Identity Thief, $6.3 million
4. Dead Man Down, $5.3 million
5. Snitch, $5.1 million
6. 21 & Over, $5 million
7. Safe Haven, $3.8 million
8. Silver Linings Playbook, $3.7 million
9. Escape from Planet Earth, $3.2 million
10. The Last Exorcism Part II, $3.1 million
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio
Brett Crandall, BYU-Idaho Media Relations
Sarah Bringhurst, OK.com
Scott Stuntz, Teton Valley News
Rachel Sande, EastIdahoNews.com