(SALT LAKE CITY, UT) – Ten people were hospitalized Thursday after being exposed to toxic fumes at one of Salt Lake City’s most popular tourist sites. Officials say 50 people were inside a visitor’s center at Temple Square when a janitor accidentally mixed chlorine into a bottle containing a small amount of sulfuric acid. The fumes created a hazardous gas and quickly spread throughout the building, which was cut off from the public for the rest of the day. A spokesperson expected that all ten people, including the janitor, would be released soon.
Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com
Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com