(NEW YORK) — Ride Along, the buddy cop comedy starring Kevin Hart and Ice Cube, topped the box office for the second consecutive weekend, holding off second-place Lone Survivor by $8.5 million.
The film also stars Tika Sumpter, from Gossip Girl and The Game, as Hart’s girlfriend — and Ice Cube’s sister.
Lone Survivor, the Mark Wahlberg film, based on a true story, finished the weekend in second with The Nut Job in third, keeping the top three grossing films the same as last weekend. I, Frankenstein opened this weekend and placed sixth, bringing in $8.275 million.
Here are the top ten films from this weekend’s box office according to movie website Box Office Mojo
1. Ride Along $21.162 million
2. Lone Survivor $12.601 million
3. The Nut Job $12.316 million
4. Frozen $9.035 million
5. Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit $8.8 million
6. I, Frankenstein $8.275 million
7. American Hustle $7.1 million
8. August: Osage County $5.041 million
9. The Wolf of Wall Street $5 million
10. Devil’s Due $2.75 million
Copyright 2014 ABC News Radio
Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com
Frank Pallotta, CNN Newswire