Madison Junior High Evacuated for Smoke

Local

0  Updated at 1:52 am, May 4th, 2011 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

(REXBURG) – Hundreds of students at Madison Junior High School were evacuated yesterday after it was reported that smoke was filling one of the wings of the school. The Standard Journal reports that maintenance on the school’s heating units caused smoke and dust to fill a hall and a classroom, with no actual fire. Students were able to return to their classes after an hour.



Stories You May Be Interested In:

Deseret Book building new store in Idaho Falls

16 May 2017

Paul Menser, BizMojo Idaho

Local ballet dancers, orchestra hosting free concert in Rexburg

23 May 2017

Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com

Man was ‘choking on french fry’ before crashing into Rexburg building

19 May 2017

Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com