America’s Top-10 Trashiest Spring Break Destinations
(NEW YORK) — If trashy is what your heart desires in a vacation, Coedmagazine.com has got you covered.
The site, a lifestyle and entertainment destination for college guys, has just released its America’s “Top 10 Trashiest Spring Break Destinations” list.
Neal Lynch, the site’s editor-in-chief, told ABC News, “Typically, people associate ‘trashy’ with things of poor quality; however, we associated the word with enjoying guilty pleasures. Like reality television — but in real life, where you can have the most amount of fun with the least amount of money.”
Lynch cautions that a fatter wallet may be necessary to enjoy the full experience at the number-one destination on his list.
Here it is, starting with number 10.
10. San Diego. ”We know that most of the people who live in the San Diego area head to other destinations for Spring Break,” Coed writes, “but that just means the people left partying here are extra trashy.”
9. Lake Havasu, Ariz. According to the list, Kokomo Havasu and Martini Bay are two of the rowdier destinations.
8. Fort Myers, Fla. Lana Kai is where it’s at if you’re interested in checking out the daily “booty contest” during high season.
7. Panama City Beach, Fla. Coed says the cast of Jersey Shore was among last year’s celebrity visitors. Enough said.
6. Miami Beach. The Jersey Shore cast factors in again as part of the trash factor. They taped a season here.
5. Myrtle Beach, S.C. Coed makes a distinction between North and South Myrtle Beach and advises that if it is trashiness you’re after, South Myrtle Beach is where you want to be.
4. Daytona, Fla. This city’s high number of underage-drinking arrests helped win it a spot on Coed’s list.
3. South Padre Island, Texas. Coed poses the question, “How can it get any trashier than South Padre, a beach that essentially exists for the sole purpose of having wild parties?”
2. Key West, Fla. Garden of Eden, a clothing-optional bar, is a Key West hot spot the magazine suggests visiting.
1. Las Vegas. Last year MTV took over the Palms Casino Resort during spring break, according to Coed. And, after all, “anything involving MTV Spring Break is bound to bring out the trash in anyone.”
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio