(NEW YORK) — Last week, Dancing with the Stars triumphed over American Idol in the Nielsens and was the most-watched program in primetime.
ABC’s Dancing with the Stars performance show was seen by 17.62 million people. By comparison, Fox’s Idol performance show drew 16.87 million.
However, Idol‘s results show enjoyed a bigger audience than Dancing with the Stars‘ results show: 14.87 million versus 14.54 million.
CBS won the network ratings race for the week, followed by ABC, Fox, NBC, Univision, the CW, Telemundo and ION Television.
Here are the top 10 primetime programs for the week of April 23-29, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. Dancing With the Stars, ABC, 17.62 million.
2. American Idol (Wednesday), Fox, 16.87 million.
3. American Idol (Thursday), Fox, 14.87 million.
4. Dancing With the Stars Results Show, ABC, 14.54 million.
5. Person of Interest, CBS, 12.73 million.
6. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 12.65 million.
7. NCIS, CBS, 12.41 million.
8. The Mentalist, CBS, 12.03 million.
9. 20/20 Special Edition, ABC, 10.69 million.
10. Blue Bloods, CBS, 10.47 million.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Todd Leopold, CNN
Myles Primm, EastIdahoNews.com