Summer Games Score Olympian TV Numbers
(NEW YORK) — Not surprisingly, the London Summer Olympics dominated the TV ratings in the past week.
The opening of the games, which featured an elaborate celebration of all things British — including a parachuting James Bond and Queen Elizabeth II — scored record numbers, and NBC’s coverage of the Summer Games made up the top three of the top 10-rated shows for the week of July 23-29.
Two installments of NBC’s America’s Got Talent came in at number four and five for the week.
Here are the top 10 primetime programs for the week of July 23-29, according to the Nielsen Company:
1. Summer Olympics Opening Ceremony, NBC, 40.65 million
2. Summer Olympics Coverage (Sunday), NBC, 36.05 million
3. Summer Olympics Coverage (Saturday), NBC, 28.72 million
4. America’s Got Talent (Tuesday), NBC, 10.43 million
5. America’s Got Talent (Wednesday), NBC, 8.76 million
6. The Big Bang Theory, CBS, 7.88 million
7. NCIS, CBS, 7.22 million
8. Wipeout (Thursday), ABC, 6.85 million
9. Two and a Half Men (Thursday), CBS, 6.64 million
10. Hell’s Kitchen (Monday), Fox, 6.46 million
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio