“Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars” Week 3 Recap
(LOS ANGELES) –- The stars of Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars were handed artistic control of their dances tonight and asked to re-invent iconic routines from past shows.
When the night ended, actress Kelly Monaco and TV personality Melissa Rycroft were tied for first place, each having received 27 out of a possible 30 points for their respective routines. TV personality Bristol Palin brought up the rear with 22.5 points.
The stakes are particularly high for competitors this week, because two all-star participants will be voted off Tuesday. It’s usually just the one dancer with the lowest scores – after judges’ and viewers’ votes are combined – who gets voted off during the weekly results show.
The stars remaining at the end of the competition will battle each other for the championship.
Singer-dancer-choreographer Paula Abdul will be a guest judge next week. Also next week, the all-stars will pick the dance styles for each other, including some new styles that have never before been performed on the show.
- Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani: 27
- Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy: 27
- Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough: 26.5
- Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower: 25.5
- Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd: 25.5
- Apolo Ohno and Karina Smirnoff: 25.5
- Sabrina Bryan and Louis Van Amstel: 25.5
- Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke: 25
- Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya: 24
- Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy: 24
- Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas: 22.5
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio