Judge Allows Lindsay Lohan to Do Rehab Stint at Betty Ford Center
(LOS ANGELES) — Lindsay Lohan rehired attorney Shawn Holley, and she better be glad she did. After a Monday morning hearing, Holley convinced a judge that the troubled actress was fine at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, Calif., where she is set to complete her court-ordered 90-day treatment program.
Prosecutors originally said the 26-year-old violated her probation after failing to enter Seafield Center, located in the Hamptons section of Long Island, N.Y., by Thursday morning. Lohan didn’t want to do rehab there because the facility didn’t allow her to smoke.
“You snatched her from the precipice,” Los Angeles Judge Jim Dabney told Holley on Monday, according to TMZ, insinuating that he was near issuing an arrest warrant for the rehab switch.
The judge approved Lohan’s stint at Betty Ford, despite the fact that the facility only offered 30-day treatment programs. Although prosecutors disagreed with the decision, the judge approved Lohan’s stay, without the need for Lohan completing three consecutive rehab stints, totaling 90 days.
Lohan has done a rehab stint at Betty Ford previously, but it was riddled with drama. The actress settled a lawsuit brought by a then-employee at the center over a scuffle they had while Lohan was a resident there in late 2010.
In March, Lohan agreed to a plea deal in connection with a traffic accident in June of last year. The deal includes 90 days of locked-down rehab, 30 days of community service and 18 months of psychological counseling.
Copyright 2013 ABC News Radio