Home Burns in Ammon

Local

0  Updated at 10:08 am, June 3rd, 2013 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

battery fire

(AMMON, ID) – An Ammon home suffered major smoke damage during a fire early Friday. Crews responded to the scene on the 3600 block of Samuel Street at around 6 a.m. Investigators believe the fire started when rechargeable batteries that were plugged into an outlet overheated and exploded. The fire, which started in a back room, quickly filled other parts of the home with smoke. The homeowner was able to make it out safely.

Stories You May Be Interested In:

World reels from massive cyberattack that hit nearly 100 countries

13 May 2017

Selena Larson and Samuel Burke, CNN

Department of Correction fugitive arrested in Idaho Falls after DUI tip

19 May 2017

Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com

Funeral announced for Shelley teenager hit by vehicle

22 May 2017

Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com