Toxic Fumes at Temple Square Hospitalize Ten People

Local

0  Updated at 11:35 am, August 23rd, 2013 By: Managing Editor
Share This Story

temple square fumes

(SALT LAKE CITY, UT) – Ten people were hospitalized Thursday after being exposed to toxic fumes at one of Salt Lake City’s most popular tourist sites. Officials say 50 people were inside a visitor’s center at Temple Square when a janitor accidentally mixed chlorine into a bottle containing a small amount of sulfuric acid. The fumes created a hazardous gas and quickly spread throughout the building, which was cut off from the public for the rest of the day. A spokesperson expected that all ten people, including the janitor, would be released soon.



Stories You May Be Interested In:

Timeline being put together for missing Blackfoot woman

16 May 2017

Natalia Hepworth, EastIdahoNews.com

Man dies following two-vehicle crash in Idaho Falls

15 May 2017

EastIdahoNews.com staff

Crash causes damage to building in Idaho Falls

13 May 2017

Nate Sunderland, EastIdahoNews.com