Chef Jeff shows the simple way you can make cornbread and bacon pancakes
Chef Jeff is in the East Idaho News kitchen with a simple pancake recipe using cornbread mix and bacon bits cooked right inside.
- 1 8.5 oz. package corn muffin mix (1 ½ cups)
- ¾ c. buttermilk
- 1 lg. egg, beaten
- 1 c. chopped, cooked bacon
- butter, for cooking the pancakes
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat.
- In a bowl, combine the muffin mix, buttermilk, egg, and bacon.
- Melt a tbsp. of the butter on the skillet and cook ¼ c. of the batter, turning after 2 or 3 minutes, or until both sides are browned. Repeat until the batter is gone.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.
Chef Jeff Jackson is the corporate chef for Smith’s Food & Drug Stores. Jeff appears on weekly television cooking segment on various TV stations in Salt Lake City and east Idaho.
He has always loved cooking since he was very young and graduated with high honors from the SLC Art Institutes in Culinary Arts. He has worked as the lead chef and nutrition specialists at Intermountain Medical Center, as a chef at The Montage Deer Valley signature restaurant, and enjoys catering private and corporation gatherings.
Chef Jeff seeks to teach his viewers how to make simple dishes that look gourmet and will have your entire family looking forward to eating dinner together. Watch for his exciting recipes every Wednesday on eastidahonews.com.