Getting to Know Kate Roth at Beacon Integrative Medical Center in Rexburg
EastIdahoNews.com is highlighting hardworking people who make our local businesses a success. Every Sunday, we’re Getting to Know YOU!
1. Name, job title and company: Kate Roth MSN, ARNP, FNP-C, WHNP-BCP, ARBHRT-C Nurse Practitioner and Medical Director for Beacon Specialty and Family Practice
2. What does your company do and what are your responsibilities? We provide an array of family medicine services. I specialize in comprehensive women’s healthcare and bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. She treats thyroid disease, polycystic ovarian syndrome, infertility and vaginal rejuvenation treatment. I also perform annual wellness examinations, family planning, treatment of migraine headache, pre-marital exams and bio-identical hormone pellet insertion for men and women. My responsibilities as medical director include maintaining compliance with regulatory state board regulations, HIPAA security services, staff training and competency evaluation in accordance with state and federal law.
3. Where were you born and when is your birthday (don’t need to include year)? Champaign, Illinois, October 2
4. How long have you lived in eastern Idaho and what city do you live in now? I’ve lived in eastern Idaho for 18 years. (Didn’t want to say the city she lives in).
5. Tell us about your first job after high school/college. Hired as staff, then charge RN for the University of Illinois at Chicago’s first bone, or stem cell, transplant center.
6. What is the best business decision you’ve ever made? Partnering with Beacon Integrative Medical Center.
7. Tell us about your family. Wonderful husband, three children all active in sports and school activities. We enjoy doing anonymous service projects, hiking, watching movies, reading books, traveling, and skiing together.
8. Tell us about a movie or book that has inspired you the most in life. (Didn’t want to answer)
9. Tell us about a lesson you learned from a mistake you made in your career/business. Corporate healthcare is not for me. I believe in providing compassionate, comprehensive healthcare and making sure my patients feel heard.
10. What is a goal you hope to accomplish in the next 12 months? Grow personally, physically, spiritually and professionally. Always learning!
11. What is one piece of advice you have for someone who wants to do what you’re doing? Listen to and love your patients.
12. If you could do it all over again, what would you do differently? Nothing at all. I am thrilled to be who and where I am today.
13. Where is your favorite place to eat in eastern Idaho? Home!
14. Tell us something surprising about yourself. (Didn’t want to answer)
15. How do you like your potatoes? Roasted with garden-fresh herbs.
If you have an employee or co-worker who we should get to know, email firstname.lastname@example.org.