Two taken to hospital after car crashes into utility pole
IDAHO FALLS — Two people were taken to the hospital after a car crashed into a utility pole in Idaho Falls Wednesday morning.
The crash happened around 10:45 a.m. along the 2000 block of Rollandet when the Green Kia Soul hit the wooden pole and a utility box. The Idaho Falls Fire Department and Idaho Falls Police Department rushed to the scene.
A man and a woman were both loaded into ambulances and taken away from the scene. Their conditions were not immediately known.
Police Department spokeswoman Jessica Clements says there was a distraction inside the car which caused the driver to lose focus and crash into the pole.
Idaho Falls Power was also called to the scene, but it does not appear there are any widespread power outages.
EastIdahoNews.com will update this story as more information becomes available.
MOST POPULAR STORIES
- New commercial kitchen in Idaho Falls provides space to cook and prepare food for any occasion
- State commission reprimands teachers for offensive comments, physical altercation
- Oregon brothers cut food waste and created the tater tot
- China says it ‘reserves the right’ to deal with ‘similar situations’ after US jets shoot down suspected spy balloon
- Man dies in Sunday afternoon crash near Hagerman