Expert Tips for Healthy Summer Hair
0 Updated at 11:13 am, July 23rd, 2012 By: ABC Digital
iStockphoto/Thinkstock(NEW YORK) — Looking for ways to keep your hair looking healthy and vibrant all summer long? Rodney Cutler, owner of Cutler/Redken Salons in New York and Miami, shared some secrets exclusively for ABC’s Good Afternoon America viewers.
Rodney’s Tips for Maintaining Sexy Summer Locks:
- Always use a product that has UV protection.
- Wear a hat.
- Put conditioner on your hair before you jump in the pool or the ocean. It will create a barrier and fill up the hair shaft so the color molecules can’t escape. It will also help retain moisture. Choose a really thick cream conditioner or mask.
- Chlorine, salt, and sun exposure are the worst. Any way you can protect against those will help save your hair.
- Braids are great. They can go from wet to dry with little or no maintenance.
- Head scarves look chic and protect your hair from the sun. For a very ’50s style, tie the knot in the front near your part, or wear the scarf as a headband.
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Images in the news