(NEW YORK) — The father of former Navy SEAL Tyrone Woods, who was killed during the attack last month on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, Libya, feels “abandoned” by the White House because he has received no answers as to why there wasn’t an attempt made to save his son and three other Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens.
In an article published by the Weekly Standard, Charles Woods says “it’s coming out that apparently the White House situation room was watching our people die in real time, as this was happening.”
On Thursday, Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said that the military did not receive information in time to retaliate and criticized those who second-guessed the Pentagon’s response to the attack with the perpetrators still at large.
Woods also describes meeting President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton at Andrews Air Force Base where the remains of his son and the three other Americans were brought three days after the Sept. 11 assault.
According to Woods, the president “kind of just mumbled, you know, ‘I’m sorry.’ His face was looking at me, but his eyes were looking over my shoulder like he could not look me in the eye. And it was not a sincere, ‘I’m really sorry, you know, that your son died.’”
He called shaking Obama’s hand “like shaking hands with a dead fish.”
As for Clinton, Woods said, “I gave her a hug, shook her hand. And she did not appear to be one bit sincere — at all.”
Copyright 2012 ABC News Radio
Stephan Rockefeller, EastIdahoNews.com