UPDATE: Road closures on I-15, US 20, ID 32 and ID 87
Published at | Updated at
The following roads remain closed as of 7 a.m. Monday:
- Interstate 15 between Idaho Falls and Roberts
- Interstate 15 between Dubois and the Montana border
- U.S. Highway 20 between Ashton and the Montana border
- Idaho Highway 32 between Ashton and Tetonia
- Idaho Highway 87 between US 20 and the Montana border
IDAHO FALLS — The Idaho Transportation Department has closed four highways due to poor visibility and winter driving conditions.
Highs winds between 30 and 40 mph are causing blowing dust and snow throughout eastern Idaho. The winter storm is expected to last until early Monday morning.
Interstate 15 between Idaho Falls and the Sage Junction, north of Roberts, is closed due to dust and snow. Idaho State Police officials say the road may be closed for a good portion of the night.
U.S. Highway 20 is closed between Ashton and the Montana State Line due to blowing snow and poor visibility.
Idaho Highway 87 between the US 20 junction and the Montana State Line is closed due to blowing snow and poor visibility.
Idaho Highway 32 between Ashton and Tetonia also has been closed due to poor visibility.
It’s unclear when the state highways will reopen.