School, INL closures and delays for Monday
Published at | Updated at
The following schools and organizations are closed or delayed Monday, Feb. 25 due to inclement weather:
- Fremont County Joint School District 215
- Blackfoot School District 55
- Snake River School District 52
- Teton School District 401
- West Jefferson School District 253
- Grace School District 148
- North Gem School District 149
- Idaho Science and Technology Charter School in Blackfoot
- Lillian Vallely School in Blackfoot
- Blackfoot Community Charter Learning Center
- Bingham Academy in Blackfoot
- Sho-Ban Junior Senior High School in Fort Hall
- Chief Tahgee Elementary Academy in Fort Hall
- Sugar Salem School District 322: School will have a two-hour delay. Buses will start picking up students two hours later and no breakfast will be served.
- INL: The Materials and Fuels Complex (MFC) at Idaho National Laboratory will begin operations on Monday at noon, and buses will load at 11 a.m. Essential personnel will start at 9 a.m., for snow removal and shift relief. The shift bus will load at 8 a.m. Shift and other essential personnel are encouraged to ride the shift bus.
There will be no MFC cafeteria service or shuttle bus service tomorrow. Bus shuttle schedule for other site areas will be posted on the Bus Ops webpage.
The Idaho Department of Transportation has closed U.S. Hwy 20, from Idaho Falls to the INL Puzzle. For now, U.S. Hwy 26 from Blackfoot to the INL Puzzle is open, which will be the alternate route to and from Idaho National Laboratory Site facilities.
All other Site areas will start at normal time, but will run through Blackfoot. Specific Manufacturing Capability will start at normal time and use the normal travel route. Employees are encouraged to ride the bus, those riding personal vehicles should plan to follow buses and use caution.
Advanced Mixed Waste Treatment Project (AMWTP) shift workers will likely need to travel from the Site via U.S. Hwy 26.
- U.S. Highway 20 between Ashton and the Montana state line
- U.S. Highway 20 between Idaho Falls and the ID 33 junction near Butte City
- U.S. Highway 20 between Carey to Arco
- Idaho Highway 28 near Mud Lake between ID 33 and ID 22
- Idaho Highway 87 between Island Park and the Montana state line
- Idaho Highway 32 between Ashton and Tetonia.
- Idaho Highway 33 between Newdale and Tetonia.
- Idaho Highway 33 at the Teton Pass.
- Idaho Highway 34 between Soda Springs and the Wyoming state line
- Idaho Highway 47 between Ashton and Bear Gulch