Fred Meyer recalls cheese dips due to possible Salmonella contamination
IDAHO FALLS — Fred Meyer is recalling cheese dips sold in delis that may have been contaminated with Salmonella.
On July 31, the company was notified by supplier Onions 52 that it had received red, yellow, and white onions from Thomson International, Inc., which had been implicated in the salmonella-related outbreak.
On Aug. 1, bulk onions sourced from Thomson International, Inc. were removed from sale in stores that had been identified as receiving the affected product. Subsequently, it was determined that several in-store made cheese dips may have used red onions from the produce department as an ingredient.
The dips, which are in plastic containers, were sold between May 15, 2020 and Aug. 6, 2020. Items impacted include:
- MURRAY’S CHADS SMOKED GOUDA DIP – 207083-00000
- MURRAY’S JALEPENO JARLSBERG DIP – 207181-00000
- MURRAY’S BACON CHIVE JARLSBERG DIP – 207182-00000
- MURRAY’S SOUTHWESTERN JARLSBERG DIP – 207185-00000
- JARLSBERG DIP – 207201-00000
- JARLSBERG CHEESE SPREAD – 216407-20000
- PIMENTO CHEESE DIP – 226481-60000
- DELI JARLSBERG JALAPENO DIP – 236293-70000
- DELI BACON CHIVE JARLSBERG DIP – 236294-70000
- DELI SOUTHWESTERN JARLSBERG DIP – 236295-70000
- DELI JARLSBERG DIP – 237462-40000
- JARLSBERG DIP – 247199-00000
- DELI JARLSBERG CHEESE DIP – 286292-70000
- DELI APPLEWOOD CHEDDAR DIP – 286462-20000
- DELI BUFFALO BLUE CHEESE SPREAD – 295095-50000
- DELI SOUTHWEST CHEESE SPREAD – 295408-50000
- DELI RANCH CHEESE SPREAD – 295409-50000
The items have been removed from store shelves and the company has initiated its customer recall notification system that alerts customers who may have purchased recalled products through register receipt tape messages and phone calls.
Customers who have purchased the product should return it to a store for a full refund or replacement. Additional questions can be directed to Kroger Customer Connect at (800) 576-4377.