Fire destroys cabin near Palisades Dam

Idaho Falls

Share This
Courtesy Swan Valley Fire Department

BONNEVILLE COUNTY — A residential cabin was completely destroyed early Saturday morning by an apparent electrical fire.

The Swan Valley Fire Department responded to 164 Ruud Drive in rural Bonneville County at around 4:45 a.m. and found the cabin fully engulfed in flames, according to Swan Valley Fire Chief Oak.

One man had been in the house, but he was able to get out after a smoke detector went off.

Besides the cabin, several nearby trees were destroyed, but crews managed to prevent the fire from traveling into the forest.

Oak said the fire probably started due to defective wiring. Damages were estimated in excess of $200,000.

The Ammon Fire Department assisted with the blaze.

SUBMIT A CORRECTION