Dog knocks over space heater, causes $10,000 in damages - East Idaho News

Breaking News

Crews respond to early morning business fire in Idaho Falls

Idaho Falls

Dog knocks over space heater, causes $10,000 in damages

  Published at  | Updated at

Fire01

IDAHO FALLS — A dog knocking over a space heater is believed to have caused a garage fire in Bonneville County on Sunday, Jan. 10.

Reporters show the Idaho Falls Fire Department, Bonneville County Fire Department and the Bonneville County Sheriff’s Office responded to the 9000 block of North 25th East for a blaze in a garage just after noon.

The first engine arriving on scene extinguished the fire while emergency personnel searched the home for family members who had not already evacuated.

Several occupants were treated for smoke inhalation. They returned to their home after crews completed their evaluation, and monitored air quality to ensure their safety, according to a news release.

Damage was estimated at $10,000.

The Idaho Falls Fire Department would like to remind citizens to use caution when using supplemental heating devices, to keep pets away from such devices and to purchase heaters with safety mechanism built in that will shut off the heater should it overheat or be tipped over.

SUBMIT A CORRECTION