Driggs man arrested for burglary and kidnapping in Idaho Falls

Crime Watch

IDAHO FALLS — Police say a Driggs man allegedly barged into an Idaho Falls home, punched an 11-year-old boy, and grabbed a 13-year-old girl by the hair before saying “he was going to kill them.”

Police reports show around 11 p.m. Friday, a man flagged down an officer saying someone just broke into a woman’s home and assaulted the occupants. According to an affidavit of probable cause obtained by EastIdahoNews.com, police followed the man to the home and found 22-year-old Braxton Robles there.

When police and the man arrived, Robles immediately struck the man in the face and kept attacking him. The officer ran up to Robles and used a Taser, which had no effect. The officer then tackled Robles and a brief scuffle followed as officers placed him into handcuffs, according to court documents.

Investigators spoke with the victims who said Robles busted into the home and asked for money and guns. According to a police report, Robles then punched the boy in the face before breaking into a bathroom. Inside Robles is alleged to have grabbed a the girl by the hair as he forced her to the living room.

“Braxton pointed his hands and fingers like a gun at both of them, telling them he was going to kill them,” an officer writes in the probable cause.

The boy was able to get outside so he could call 911 from his cellphone, but Robles is alleged to have ripped it from his hands.

Robles is then alleged to have forced the boy and his mother back inside the house before they could yell for help. When the boy’s mother got a phone and tried calling 911, Robles chased her back outside, according to court documents.

“She stated she was scared for her life,” according to the officer’s report.

Robles was booked into the Bonneville County Jail and charged with felony burglary, felony second-degree kidnapping, three misdemeanor counts of battery, misdemeanor removal of a telephone and misdemeanor resisting arrest.

On Sunday, Robles posted the $100,000 bond and was released from jail.

Share This